Richard Allen endo-GIA - Forum

surgery

Richard Allen endo-GIA - Ärzteforum

Post#1 »

Someone mentioned the Richard Allen rotatable endo-GIA for appendectomies, etc.

I have (on consignment, the hospital would not purchase them) some of these to try on the ovarian vessels at lap hysterectomy. The Richard Allen rep, though, told me, that he has noticed excessive bleeding unless the surgeon holds the vascular stapler closed to a count of 5.

Has anyone used the Richard Allen rotatable vascular endo-GIA on vessels the size of the ovarian vessels? If so, have you had any bleeding problems?

I did a 298 pound laparoscopic hysterectomy this week and was reluctant to try the Richard Allen stapler on her ovarian vessels because I didn't want to risk bleeding with limited near the ureter.

Arizona

Re: Richard Allen endo-GIA - Ärzteforum

Post#2 »

I've used the USS Endo-GIA (white catridge) on the infundibulopelvic ligament as well as the Richard-Allen GIA on both the infundibulopelvic ligament and cardinal ligament many times without any problem. I've also used the Harmonic Scalpel alone to divide those vessels about 6 or 8 times. The problem with the Harmonic scalpel is if it only partially divides a vessel, there will be bleeding.

Return to “Laparoscopic surgery”